Essar Energy recognises the importance of providing a website
that is accessible to all user groups including people with
disabilities such as blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing
loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited
movement, speech disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of
Essar Energy has designed this site with accessibility in
mind, following the guidelines laid down by the W3C Web
Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide
range of recommendations for making web content more accessible to
a wider range of people with disabilities and will also often make
web content more usable to users in general.
The 12 accessibility guidelines are:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and alternatives for audio and video
- Make content adaptable; and make it available to assistive
- Use sufficient contrast to make things easy to see and
- Make all functionality keyboard accessible.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future
There are three levels of conformance to the accessibility
guidelines: A (lowest), AA, and AAA (highest) and our aim is to
conform to AA Level. However these are guidelines only and in some
instances it is not practical to conform exactly to all
checkpoints. If you have any queries about the accessibility
of this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org